Trying to get that tropical feeling!

Morning, 

It's quite cold, damp and dull here in Lancashire so a tropical themed card seems just the thing to brighten the day! 

I really like the style of this sentiment from the Tropical Chic set, I like that it is long and uses two different fonts. I think it lends itself to landscape card- like this one, it is A6 in size. 

I've used a coloured card base but I've placed a white layer on top to keep it quite clean. Next I added the bar-code style stripe using black ink, along with the sentiment- again in black.

Next I stamped the fern and palm leaf in grey ink- can you just see them popping out and adding a touch more dimension?

Then, I added a selection of stamps and die cut leaves and flowers from the same stamp/die bundle. Finally I added a little sprinkle of iridescent glitter to some of the leaves.


I hope my card has brightened your day just a little bit!

Thanks of stopping by today, 

Rebecca x



Comments