Not a card!

I know, pretty shocking but today I have something other than a card to share with you. I decided to get a bit creative last week during half term and bought myself a canvas (only coat £1.09) and a tube of pale pink acrylic paint.



I started by painting the base with the pink paint....


Next I added brown ink, through a stencil, using a sponge- I did this around all the corners and edges in no particular pattern. Then I decided the use the paint leftover on the stencil to add a very feint pattern to the middle of the canvas. Next I started added stamped images using mostly Brilliance ink pads in browns, pinks, coppers etc. I've used butterflies and a small sentiment from a MFT set. The larger flowers are an Indigoblu stamp and the smaller flowers/stems are gain from MFT- Peaceful Wildflowers. The sentiment in the middle is from LOTV- this is my least favourite part as i think it is a bit small even though it was one of my largest sentiment stamps. Perhaps next time I need to use a slightly smaller canvas.


Finally, I added glossy accents  and glitter to some of the flower heads.




All in all I quite like how it turned out- its hanging on the wall of my craft room. I think if I make another I might do it for a gift for someone else.



Hope you have a lovely day, 

Rebecca x

Comments

  1. Rebecca I am so inspired by your canvas, I think I might give it a go. Your canvas if lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this brown and pink combo, Is this your first canvas ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You are a natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Rebecca!! What a great idea! I often look at canvases when I'm in Dunelm Mill and wonder if I would ever be able to make one...maybe you have inspired me! ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! You've inspired me to have a go! I have bought lots of canvases over the years, large and small and just don't kno where to start as they are all so busy and it freaks me out as I like CAS!! But you've given me a starter for ten! Thank you!

    Big hugs
    Roni :D xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment