A card and some news!

Evening- sorry for the late post but we've been out and about today enjoying the last few days of the hols.

Before I get on to my card I just thought you'd like to know that there are some tremendous bargains to be had over at crafty ribbons- there are £5 ribbon bags which are reduced to only £1! Ali says they are selling fast so if you want some great value ribbon you'd better getter there fast!!! 

Today I have a card directly inspired by my Insider online card class and a card created by Kristina Werner.

I used a Warren stamp from Craftwork Cards which I stamped into two parts; Warren at the bottom right of a 12"x4" tri-fold card and the kite at the stop left. Next I coloured all the images with Promarkers and then masked them. I also created some cloud-shaped masks by die-cutting some thin paper using some Clearly Besotted dies. 



Then I used my blending tool to cover the card in blue ink to create my sky. Finally, after all the masks were removed I added the extended kite string to tie the two parts of the image together. I also added the sentiment from a Hero Arts set.



I'm really pleased with the way they card turned out but it was terrible to photograph! I hope you get the idea of how this little card works!

Oh, and my exciting news- I received an email this morning from Simply Cards and Papercraft telling me that I was a runner up in their card maker of the year competition 2013- I'm absolutely thrilled and shrieked when I read it. I tried to get a copy of the magazine today so I could see my work in print but my local WHSmith only had the previous issue. However, I'll try again on the weekend and hopefully get a copy of issue 119 then and I'll be able to share more details with you too.



Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow. 

Rebecca x x x




Comments

  1. What a cute card and I can imagine how difficult it was to photograph! Congratulations on your fab news, you deserve it, your cards are fantastic, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS a right pain to photograph!! Thanks for your kind words, Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. Well done Rebecca hope you manage to pick up the magazine soon... what a fantastic achievement and we'll deserved. Fabulous cute card too. Enjoy the rest of the holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I'm hoping to get to a bigger WHSmith in Preston tomorrow- fingers crossed I can find a copy! It's a bit sad really but I'm quite excited, Rebecca x x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card Rebecca and massive congratulations on your news, very well deserved xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Congratulations on your news, I shall pick up a copy of the mag & have a look :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats ! Your card is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Rebecca what wonderful news for the start of the year. Beautiful card too, a real stunner.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment