Mums Birthday Card

Phew, so glad I have been able to have a crafty Sunday and relax at least a little bit. Today my main tasks have been to tidy up  (not quite finished but will post a photo if and when I do) and to make a birthday card for my mums birthday which is later in the month.

 I used lots of different materials for this card but the main inspiration was from a Craftwork Cards Warren Rabbit pack that I snaffled at the Great Yorkshire Papercraft Extravaganza in Harrogate last month.

The base card is cream pearl and measures 8"x8". I matted some gold mirri card and a square of paper from a company called Crate Paper - New Garden Collection (goodness know where I got it from but it's been in the stash for years!) I also used a paper ribbon strip from the same collection down the right hand side of the card.

Then I used the Warren image which I decoupaged a few times and mounted on a die cut scalloped circle. The paper I used was also from Craftwork Cards. Finally I used small die cut leaf and some flowers to embellish the image. For the tag I used a matching paper tag and layered a Craftwork card gold flower die cut with the Happy Birthday tag and last but not least attached a pink ribbon.

I'm quite pleased with final result, and now I've blogged about it I guess I should get back to the tidy up (think I'll have Create and Craft on in the background as well)

Rebecca x

Comments