Something a little different...

Morning, phew, it's nearly midweek already! Today's card is a bit different- I've used some skills and techniques that Ipicked up from my online card class about water colouring.


I've used the Blooming Marvellous stamp set from CBS. To create the watercolour effect I covered each of the leaf and flowers stamps with distress ink and then spritzed them lightly with water before stamping them onto the card. After I'd composed the flowers in the corners I add the blue ink by hand- I stamped the ink onto an acrylic block and then applied it with a water brush- splattering some ink on top as well. I added a wink of stella to the flowers, some die-cut and stamped butterflies and the sentiment to finish. I added a coordinating blue card layer under the stamped panel before attaching it to a 8x8 card base.

I know this card is a bit more"inky" than I normally make but I like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by,

Rebecca x

Challenge inspiration:
Clearly Besotted stamps challenge- anything goes
Cure for the Monday blues- photo inspiration (flowers and colours)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Rebecca. I've just started this class and I sincerely hope I reach the same standard as you eventually. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly it was your natural talent that made you able to produce this beautiful work of art, Rebecca :) I love the card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty - the watercolour effect suits the composition so well! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete