3D fish card

Hello, sorry it's taken me all day to post a card but I was tidying the loft this morning, then had a trip to  the tip followed by the post office. AND when I finally go round to make a card I got a little carried away and, well lets just say, it's more fancy than I'd usually do but then I love how it's turned out- just a shame it was terrible to photograph!



SO I've made a little scene using my Papersmooches surf and turf stamps, I cut out all the fishes after colouring them with bright Promarkers (I took my colour inspiration form this weeks Papersmooches Sparks inspiration photo). Next I put them all on the background which was made by blending digress inks and then spritzing with water. I also made some "sand" for the bottom and a similar way.





Then, to give dimension to the project I used Stazon on stamp and other fish, some bubbles and the sentiment onto a piece of acetate- this was then curved over the background image- ta-da, floating fish! 



I also added some glitter glue to give the feeling of bubbles......



So, what do you think? I'd love to know....


Rebecca x x x


Challenge inspiration:
Simon Says Stamps- Wednesday challenge, animal antics (include animals)
Papersmooches picture perfect challenge
Make the day special- anything goes











Comments

  1. Great card, and what a clever way to make it look 3-D! I did something similar...ish before I had my blog, and had a cat watching some fish in a tank. I love it, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Deb, I have seen a few of your cards through various challenges I just wanted to say that I really like what you do ....you rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo very clever like the fish on the acetate great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I really like the way you used the acetate to add depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melly, this is amazing! Love the fishes and the acetate really makes the card so interesting! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the virtual fish tank feel to your card..... brilliant way to use acetate :0)
    Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at MtDS x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a fabulous fish tank you created - acetate is my nemisis but you showed me the best use of it ever.

    Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store!

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! Such a great design!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment