Get well flowers


Morning, I know my blogging has been a bit slow of late which is due to several things. However, I made this fake bouquet of flowers to take into my mum who is in hospital after her hip replacement operation and I thought I would share it with you.

The card base was made from 2 A4 card sheets creased three times and folded into four. I hand-cut the sloping, scalloped edge and covered the base with patterned paper. Next I die-cut lots of flowers from scraps of paper, layered them and attached them to piece of wire. Finally, I attached the wire "stems" to the card base and embellished the flowers with gems, added the Hero arts sentiment and a ribbon.


I don't think the photos do the project justice- it's quite lovely when the flower heads bob on their wire stems and I'm sure it will cheer my mum up.

Thanks for looking, 

Rebecca x

Comments

  1. This is lovely. I'm sure you mum will love it and I hope she gets well soon.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you very much for your kind thoughts,

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Rebecca! Very unique - I love the flowers and all the different papers you used, and the gems are so pretty. I'm sure it'll brighten your mum's day - I hope she feels better really soon.

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much- I really appreciate you comment, I'm off to visit her later so hopefully she will be feeling a little better.

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Rebecca. I love all the flowers and I'm sure your mum will too. Hope she's feeling better soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment