Easter Basket

Morning all, sorry for the lack of posts despite being on holiday. I have been very busy making lots of cards for charity and so challenges and blogging have been on the back burner. 


My first post today (I'm planning more!) is to show you this cute little basket I have made as an Easter gift for my mum. It was inspired by the colours and photo from this weeks colourQ challenge and originally came from the Martha Stewart website.

I didn't have the paper cups that were required so I made my basket by cutting a 8.5cm circle out of chipboard using nesting dies. Then I cut a 10 x 30cm strip of textured card stock which I added embossed vertical lines to using an embossing board. Next I embossed a 1cm strip along the bottom of the card strip, cut 1cm up each embossed line to make tabs and then wrapped it around the base and attached with glue.The handle was also made from the same textured card stock.

The flowers and leaves were made using a variety of punches and dies and adhered them to the basket with Pinflair glue and embellished with adhesive gems and pearls.

Finally, I created some packing by cutting strips of white tissues paper and then added chocolate eggs and a flurry little birdie.


I am really pleased with the way this has tuned out but a bit stuck ob how I can make and equivalent but more masculine version for my dad! UPDATE- a few hours later I came up with this!

Challenges:

Thanks for looking and I'll definitely be back later!

Rebecca x

Comments

  1. I love your basket Rebecca, Such a clever idea and so pretty! I am sure your mom will love it as well. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your project. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Easter basket, its a super gift idea. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Easter basket, it's so pretty & a great gift. Thanx fro joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Easter basket great gift for a little girl...
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    Happy Easter

    Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic basket and so creative. I love all the flowers you die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute!!! I may need to steal this idea for next year. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable basket! Thanks for joining our Easter challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week, sorry to be so late commenting.
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment