To someone special

This card, which is so bright and cheery, has been made using the sketch from "freshly made sketches". I chose a small square card as the base as I wanted to use some spotty, foiled paper from the Martha Stewart mat pad that I got as part of my Christmas goodies. 

I cut the card to a square slightly smaller than the base and then added a piece of yellow grosgrain ribbon. Next I cut a smaller white card square and embossed a border around the edge simply using my score board. I matted this onto some green, textured card and mounted onto the base using 3D foam.


For the embellishments I used 3 bright yellow paper flowers to which I added small, green flower brads. Finally I added a sentiment that was also mounted onto green card. (the sentiment came in a set from Pound world I think!)

Ideal for spring.....

Challenges:
Fab "n" Funky challenges - something new (Martha Stewart mat pad-brights)



Rebecca X

P.S. Diet up date- all going well all be it only a few days in, even resisted biscuits a work today


Comments

  1. Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a polka dot fan :) This is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bright and cheery card, love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Melly...so cute.
    Great cheerful card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Love the simple lines and great color combo. Great card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n Funky. We hope to see you again on Wednesday for antoher fun challenge. Good Luck.

    Hugs
    xxx
    Alexis
    Fab 'n Funky DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. Sweet. Perfect. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment