Thank you

My mum and I had a shopping trip to Boundary Mill in Colne, Lancashire yesterday, it was very manic. I wasn't really there to buy any clothes really but as a treat for driving my mum got me the new Docrafts January 2012 goody bag. I don't always buy these myself as it bugs me when I get things like peel off stickers that I won't use but this collection contained I few bits I would buy anyway. The typography stamps are useful,  the embossing folder is lovely and the die cut flowers and coordinating papers are very pretty too. 


Anyway, I used some of the contents along with some kraft paper to design this thank you card. I cut a piece of kraft card just smaller than the 5x7" base card. I wrapped around some twine and tied it in a knot. I used pinflair adhesive to add the "Big Blommer" flower (Papermania capsule collection) to which I had attached a metal flower embellishment and a pink brad. 

I then add a little plastic heart embellishment to the twine using a simple knot.

The sentiment was stamped onto paper from the matching Papermania capsule collection 12x12" paper from the goody bag using rick cocoa Memento ink pad. Finally, and possibly most exciting because I had realised until I took it out of the packet, I cut out the sentiment using the enclosed matching die cutter! How excellent, very simple and quick!
 









I mounted the finished layer onto the White base card using strips of 3D foam. A pretty thank you card to help shrug off the Christmas colour haze.
Rebecca x x x

Comments

  1. Your card is gorgeous. LOVE the natural feel it has. Hope you can join us at crafty creations challenges again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really like all the dimension on this card! Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Creations Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the sentiment and matching die is fantastic, definitely worth the goody bag purchase. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Forum. I hope to see you there again soon,
    Tracey
    x
    Oh and please be sure not to tell me where you live, or that gorgeous Meg may just go missing. I think she and my Loki would get along famously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Rebecca, you are one of our Winners over at Crafty Creations challenge. Email me here: peggyelms@videotron.ca so I can tell you how to get your gift certificate.

    Thank you for playing Crafty Creations with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment