Sharpies!

Hello, just thought I'd pop in and share something a little bit different with you today- a book review. Every now and then I get an email asking me to review a arty/crafty book and when I saw this was about Sharpies I just had to say yes!



Sharpie Art Workshop (by Timothy Goodman) was released by Rockport earlier this month (£14.99) details can be found here! and it looks at the different types of Sharpies and a whole range of creative techniques and effects that can be achieved with the.





Some of my favorite sections are the ones about using them to create cards (of course) but all the patterns section.




I was so inspired I actually spent a whole afternoon drawing a little flower doodle and then colouring it with different coloured Sharpie pens- I figured that as they were alcohol based they'd work at least a little bit like Promarkers/Copics and they do but colouring large areas like the shy proved a little problematic and it turned out a little patchy. Overall, I'm really pleased with the results too, although hubby said the colouring was very child-like (but said he was impressed that i'd drawn it all myself).



All in all it's a good book for anyone like me who likes buying Sharpies and doesn't really use them for anything other than labelling things- there is info about artists who've used the pens and great photos of item's they've created- many of which could be used as inspiration for home decor. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Rebecca x

7 comments:

  1. Your artwork is absolutely stunning, Rebecca! Amazing and very non-child like if you ask me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I was a little worried about posting it, but you've really made my day now!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I LOVE it! And now I'm thinking about buying Sharoies... Must get higher paid job, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh, hats a doodle? You are seriously good! I thought it was a page from the book at first. Great colouring. Wish I'd bought the Sharpies on special offer last week in WH Smith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You drew that? It's brilliant, Rebecca, and I love the bright, happy colours! You rock!

    ReplyDelete