LIM Guest DT

Morning, as the title of my post says I am delighted to be appearing over on the Less is More challenge blog today as a guest designer because May has 5 Saturdays in it. I was very honoured when I received the email inviting me and wanted to make a really good card for this challenge as it holds a special place in my heart because it was the very first card making challenge I ever entered.

So on to the card, the theme is "two or Four legs" so I decided to use this little fella who has 2 monster legs! I couldn't find a manufacturer on this red rubber stamp set but I have a funny feeling it is called "Mr Smiles" and was designed by Jane Beljo from Jane's Doodles (sorry if I'm wrong)


I have coloured him with Copics and tried to make him look a little fury.I've also used the colourless blender to added a white line along his horns to make them appear shiny. The sentiment is from a Clearly Besotted set which I've stamped on a MFT banner and attached with staples.

The base of the card has been embossed with a polka-dot embossing folder, I think this adds texture and retail whilst still keeping the card clean and simple- what do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your entry in the LIM gallery.

Rebeca x

15 comments:

  1. So great to have you with us this week, Rebecca! Love your copic techniques, you've captured the fur and shine brilliantly, and the dotty shadow works great with your background too. So crisp and clean too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have you with us this week, Rebecca! Love your copic techniques, you've captured the fur and shine brilliantly, and the dotty shadow works great with your background too. So crisp and clean too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled to have you guest designing this week Rebecca and your little monster is awesome. Perfect copic colouring with texture and a brilliant card. Love it. Thanks so much Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous creation yet again Rebecca...just shows why we asked you to Guest for us!
    Thank you SO much for sharing this cute little guy with us!
    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card - your copic colouring is fabulous, Rebecca! Love the little monster and embossed background :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice card
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GDT - great card! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the DT spot - your monster is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Rebecca! Love your card, as I love Jane's Doodles too. Your colouring is super and I love the details you add!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coloring really added the elements you were striving for. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card and cute image...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great furry effect on your monster Rebecca and it's wonderful to have you guesting for us this week
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute monster and beautifully coloured too - congratulations on your LIM DT spot this week Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Rebecca and cute monster too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete