Some new crafty tools

Morning, this is a bit of a random post- I just wanted to share some new craft tools with you all. 

First of all is the black mat (on top of the cutting mat), it is the Sizzix Stamper's Secret Weapon. It's basically a dense foam pad which help ensure your unmounted stamps give a crisp impression. It also has a more dense (grey) strip of foam across the top which works with the piercing tool (included with the mat). I've previously just used a piece of foam for stamping on but I really like this mat- although I have seen it at a higher price on other websites and I'm not sure it is worth much more than I paid for it.

Secondly, the blue tool you can see is the Spellbinders tool n' one, this has two ends to it. The "brush" part is for cleaning intricate dies from all those little die cut pieces that get stuck and take hours to pick and poke out. The opposite end has a "pokey" tool and when you unscrew the body of the tool you find a smooth/flat interchangeable tool end. I haven't used this lots so far but it does appear to help release those tiny die-cut pieces from thin metal dies. I think my main complaint is that its quite big and does't really look that nice. 

Next, is the cream-coloured Martha Stewart bone folder tool.  I ordered this from Simon Says Stamp as I managed (some how) to crack the tool that came with my Martha Stewart mini card scoring board. I really like the quality of it, and it appears to give quite a nice fold for a relativly reasonable price. It's a basic but essential tool and i'm really happy with it.



Finally, the little Copic Colour swatch, I also ordered this from Simon Says Stamp. Having decided to swap over to Copics just before christmas I wanted a simple system to help me keep track of the colours that I have- I've not filled it all in yet but I can share it when I do. I think this will help keep me a (little bit) more organised. 

So their you go, hope that was of some use to you. I've just received a Envelope punch-board from SU too, I've not really used this yet but I'll let you know what I think about it in a future post.

Thanks for stopping by, 

Rebecca x x 


No comments:

Post a Comment