Paper Smooches GDT

Hello- happy Wednesday! It's a very exciting day today as I get to share my first project with you as guest DT for Paper Smooches. I was super excited when Kim announced that I'd been picked to be the January DT and couldn't wait to get started. 

Today I'm sharing a project made with some new dies with an older but still fantastic stamp set. I've made a penny-slider/roller card (love these)- the rocket spins/orbits all the way around planet Earth!!!



The stamped images are from the Space Cadet stamp set which isn't brand new however the co-ordinating dies are brand new (and fantastic). Plus the planet Earth and stars all all cut using the brand new Space dies.



To make the card I took a panel of black card, the same size as my card base, and die cut a circle. Then I cut a second, smaller circle out of the black circle of card- next I stuck the panel with the circle aperture onto the card base and added the smaller circle in the middle- these pieces are raised up on foam to give room for the penny to move. The rocket is then attached to a penny sandwich (two pennies attached by a circular foam dot. Finally, you add all the other embellishments making sure they don't stop the mechanism from working. (If I've not explained that very well here is a link to a video I've made perviously) 

Finally, here's a little video clip showing the card in action!!!







Thanks for stopping by, and if you can please stop by the Paper Smooches blog and show some love!!!

Rebecca x x x

Challenge Inspiration:
Creative Card Crew- for a child
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- something new (new stamps and dies)

7 comments:

  1. YAY on Guesting! Your card is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a Guest Designer for Paper Smooches!! I absolutely ADORE this card!!! So cute!! My nephews will get a kick out of something like this!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca
    Fabulous card..... Love your video ... Only thing for me on the ipad the sound was very low...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Can't wait to see what else you'll do as guest designer. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, congrats Melly; what an honor to be guesting for Paper Smooches....darlin card! .so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. What child would not love this.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so clever! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete