Love partial die-cutting!

Hello, I'm back again with a little valentines card. 


I've made the heart border on this card by partially die-cutting some little individual heart dies from Paper Smooches. I cut each heart individually by holding it in place with a piece of post-it tape and then only placing the top cutting plate on top of the die up to the point I wanted to cut. After I'd repeated this all the way around the piece of Doodlebug patterned paper I used a craft knife to join up the hearts where they didn't overlap enough. It's the first time I've really tired this technique in so much detail but I really like how it turned out and I'm sure I'll try it again. 



The next bit was easy, I cut the Paper Smooches love die and two more hearts out of the paper and fixed it to the hammer card base with very thin 3D foam. Finally, I stuck the middles of the letters on to the base card and added some Doodlebug enamel hearts. 


Thanks for stoping by today!

Rebecca x x


Challenge Inspiration:
Paper Smooches Sparks- Sketch (www.papersmoochesstamps.com)


CASology- Friend (I'll give this to my husband who IS my best friend !!! 



11 comments:

  1. Such a clean and simple card, yet anyone who has tried it knows how much work and thought went into it! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effect - so unusual, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "heap of love", Rebecca! So clever and well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have made a tower of love--such a fabulous design. Those partial die cuts probably took you forever, but they are so worth it. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea!! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This design is amazing!! The card is so so original! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - This is fantastic; I just love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the texture in your card! very pretty and i know your husband will love it! <3
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool way to make the scalloped border- those hearts make for a darling frame. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete