Just a note

Good afternoon- thanks for all the lovely comments on this morning's post on how I take my photos in a light tent- perhaps I'll do some more posts about this topic. Anyway, for now I wanted to share I card- following Christmas I'm now in the "thank you" card making mode at the moment. 




This card was made using a free HOTP feather die that came with this month's Simply cards and Papercraft Magazine - I really love it! 



I've cut the feather out in silver mirri card and attached to a card base which has a stip of Pink doodlebug vellum and a MFT banner (from a Blueprints set) with a sentiment (Paula Pascual Double Sayings). All the elements are attached using Pinflair glue gel- I'd forgotten how much I liked this glue until the other day- it's great for sticking little embellishments as well as adding a touch of dimension to cards.



Anyway, two posts in one day is a bit of a treat eh? Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow too, 

Rebecca x  x

Challenge Inspiration:
Less is more- black, metalic + one other colour
CASology- light (as a feather)
My time to craft challenge- all things new (my NEW and free, feather die)

***Edit- due to a few recommendations from fellow crafters I'm also linking up with Inkspirational Challenge where the word prompt is "note"- thanks ladies!!! 


25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I think I'll be taking a trip out to buy the magazine tomorrow, I NEED that feather die! I don't use mirri hardly at all now but it looks great used like this so I may have to blow off the dust :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, I love this die too!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Eye-catching and gorgeous Rebecca!
    Love that feather and perfect die cut in metallic card.
    Thanks for sharing
    Sarah xx
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Happy 2015 xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I got the magazine yesterday after you mentioned the feather die - it looks gorgeous in silver mirri! You could also enter this at Inkspirational as the theme is 'note'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that's brilliant- hope you love it as much as me! X

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful and I wonder if you've considered linking with our challenge at Inkspirational - word prompt - note . http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion- I've gone an linked up!!! Rebecca x

      Delete
  7. Oh wow what a fabulous freebie! That feather is gorgeous in that shiny silver! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week! And now I'm off to check out your light tent post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply stunning, the silver and the pink look fabulous together. Thank you for joining Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful - you have achieved so much texture with your feather, and the pink vellum strip is the perfect foil for the mirri card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a great card! That die is fabulous... may have to go and find the magazine myself, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. I have that die, but not used it yet. Now I feel guilty!, lol. Happy new year to you. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous...pink and white were made for each other and your bit of "shine" is perfect! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! Your card is fabulous, Melly! I never thought that silver would go with pink! You nailed it! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology and hope to see you again. May

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning. The feather in silver really works well.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with that gorgeous silver feather!! What a simply styled card that packs a punch!! The vellum with a few sequins is such a lovely touch!! Really great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous, gorgeous card! Congrats on your shout-out at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning, stunning card! That shiny feather is a show-stopper. :) Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational! We have just begun with a new challenge, "Ombre". I hope to see you playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on being a Top Pick at Inkspiration for this sensational card, Rebecca!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Rebecca! I just discovered your blog, as I was searching for the stamps that go with this die. I just got back from London and I'm armed with oodles of magazines and freebies. I miss this, as they don't give you free stuff with the mags here in America!! Cx

    ReplyDelete