You light up my Christmas

Evening, yet another busy week and post have been thin on the ground, but I've managed to make a few cards this week so I should be able to get a few blog posts done for this week!


Actually, quite a few of the cards I made today were inspired by the theme over at less is more- I found it quite challenge but it's also made me think outside the box a little bit. The first card I'm going to share with you is this inky little number. I shrinking some tiny die cut stars all over the white, pearlescent card and then added various blue colours mists. Unfortunately,  the ink leaked under the little stars and so I was just left with little white sploges. So in an attempt to save the card I added some distress inks over the top and then stamped some stars with white, opaque ink.

The sentiment finished off this card quite well- its very more is more, less is more if so see what I mean- there's a lot gong on with the card but it's still very simple.

Thanks for stopping by today, 

Rebecca x

Challenge inspiration:
Less is more- One layer, starry, starry night
Colour Throwdown - 317

13 comments:

  1. Love your beautifully sponged sky background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca what a gorgeous sky! Perfect sentiment for it too
    Thanks so much for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so effective Rebecca - I love it! I especially like the way the sentiment has been stamped in the lighter section at the bottom so that it's highlighted. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAb card Rebecca, love your background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on that background Rebecca . . . very effective . . . good work! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sky you created...love the mix of colors and all the stars!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although this didn't go to plan I love your subtle stars! And your graduated blending is lovely, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love sponged backgrounds...the stars look lovely!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. The stars worked out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a perfect starry sky Rebecca and I love the sentiment
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS! The background is stunning and I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well the finished card may have happened somewhat by accident but it was a lucky one I'd say... the effect is fab Rebecca!
    It's a gorgeous sky!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete