Giftwrapped

Hello, hope your week is going well! 

I've got something a little bit different for you today. I was very kind asked recently by the lovely people at Jacqui Small Publishing if I would like to review a book about gift wrapping. Well, anyone who is a regular follower of my blog will know how much I adore making little gifts for people, so of course I said yes please!!!!


Before I get not the book it's self I though I'd show you a gift I wrapped up myself after being inspired by the techniques in the book, which is called "Giftwrapped" and it's written by Jane Means. Isn't it lovely, I really like the way the way the box has been transformed and some otherwise quite basic wrapping paper becomes something really special.  This is actually my Mums birthday present (hope she doesn't read this before I give it to her!!!) 

This pleated design is just one of the suggestions from the book and it is definitely something I want to do with all my Christmas pressies- I'm on the look out for some double-sided wrapping paper as I think that would look even better!! As a crafter I have (too) many ribbons which I don't actually use that often on my cards so this is an ideal way for me to (slowly) work through my stash!! I also found, as you can see in the picture, you can add lots of embellishments to make the design even more lavish- here I used a tag, a paper doily and some die cut flowers.



So on to the book, the author, Jane Means, she is a professional gift wrapper (best job ever!!!!!) and has work in many top-end shops wrapping gifts for the rich and famous. The book takes you through the materials needed for wrapping, how to tie beautiful bows and of course how to actually wrap a variety of gifts- including really awkward shapes. I really enjoyed taking a look around her website too as there are quite a few tips and techniques on there.


The close-up photography by Simon Brown is really good and it makes it quite simple to follow the step-by-step instructions- I had no problems creating my pleated design.



The book is officially released on November 20th 2014 in hardback at a price of £20, however, I have a really special offer for my readers which is that you can get a copy at the discounted price of £16.00 (including UK P&P, add £2.50 for overseas orders). 

All you need to do is telephone 01903 828503 or email mailorders@lbsltd.co.uk and quote the offer code APG252, and you can be ready to getting wrapping for Christmas!! 

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Rebecca x x x







2 comments:

  1. As someone who is totally 'gift-wrapped'challenged' this looks like one to rush out and buy! Thanks for the review, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Rebecca, I am always impressed when I get a lovely gift and it's wrapped so prettily. Infact I don't care what the gift is if it's wrapped well lol.;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete